Saffron City
Bi
Gym Leader
Officer
dead flowers
pressed against my lips
156 cm // 5'1" height
156 cm // 5'1" height
oceans of angels, oceans of stars, down by the sea is where you drown your scars
awards
1,088 posts
part of
TAG WITH @2baki
Hyakkaryōran Tsubaki
INITIATION [M]
POSTED ON Nov 13, 2023 6:23:19 GMT
Hyakkaryōran Tsubaki Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","petalbasetsu"]
[attr="class","star1tsu"]
[attr="class","circleoutline1tsu"]

[attr="class","starimgtsu"]

[attr="class","star2tsu"]What's unfolded over the last twenty-four hours leaves her in a state of near-panic. [break][break]

Countless questions run through her head, and she desperately needs to talk to someone who knows what the fuck's going on. Clutching her compiled notes of the incident under her arm, she walks briskly down the hall toward Freya's office, brushing past plenty of folks who give her strange stares. She hasn't even had an opportunity to wipe the muck from the swamp off of her clothes.[break][break]

A brisk knock, a sharp clearing of her throat, and she waits for a response. The councilwoman should be in her office, even at this hour. She always is. How she barely gets any rest is beyond the girl, but that's not her business. The incident near Fortree certainly is, however, and so she's gotta report it to the boss.[break][break]

If anyone's got answers about this, it's her.[break][break]

+ [break]
+ MISSION: NEUROTOXICOLOGY

[attr="class","star3tsu"]
[attr="class","petalpoketsu"]
[attr="class","rouxcredittsu"]

[newclass=.petalbasetsu]font:11px roboto;--accent:#d5bed2;[/newclass]
[newclass=.petalbasetsu]max-width: 450px; height: auto;border: 1px solid #1a1a1a; border-radius: 10px; overflow: hidden; background: #252525;
[/newclass]
[newclass=.star1tsu]border-radius: 10px 10px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 220px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/r3Sgi2E.png), rgb(160, 132, 155, 0.65); background-blend-mode: luminosity; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: contain; display: flex; justify-content: center; align-items: center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.starimgtsu]width: 100px; height: 100px; position: relative; border-radius: 100%; object-fit: cover;[/newclass]
[newclass=.starimgtsu img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.star2tsu]width: 350px; padding: 20px; font-size: 13px; text-align: justify; color: #eee; margin: 20px 0px 20px 0px; border-radius: 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.petalpoketsu]text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; [/newclass]
[newclass=.petalpoketsu img]margin-top:0px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.circleoutline1tsu]border-radius: 100%; width: 120px; height: 120px; background: var(--accent); opacity: 0.3; position: absolute; [/newclass]
[newclass=.star2tsu b]font-weight: bold; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.star2tsu i]text-decoration:italic; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.star3tsu] border-radius: 0px 0px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 50px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/r3Sgi2E.png), rgb(160, 132, 155, 0.65); background-blend-mode: luminosity; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: contain; display: flex; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rouxcredittsu]align:right; color:#AB4646; font-size:10px; text-align:right; padding:10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

the ascendant
she/her
twenty-eight
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
champion
i got new love, new skin to wrap myself in
awards
3,199 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
INITIATION [M]
POSTED ON Nov 13, 2023 15:48:18 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

routine helps. she may not get as much sleep as she needs, but she is able to turn off her brain for stretches when she does her katas. when tsubaki messages her, she is halfway through her flow and her first thought is to ignore the trill from her phone. 

but then she relents and soon after that, she has pulled on a sweater and taken her leave from her hotel. the offices of ever grande are only a few minutes' walk away. 

when tsubaki arrives, freya is waiting for her. although her nose wrinkles at the smell and her eyes narrow at the sight, assessing her for damages.

"you're not bleeding out right now, are you? i'll not have you passing out on me because you thought a hospital wasn't necessary."

regardless, the door yawns open.
close tab

played by

Nagato

Baki
She/Her
December 21
Saffron City
Bi
Gym Leader
Officer
dead flowers
pressed against my lips
156 cm // 5'1" height
156 cm // 5'1" height
oceans of angels, oceans of stars, down by the sea is where you drown your scars
awards
1,088 posts
part of
TAG WITH @2baki
Hyakkaryōran Tsubaki
INITIATION [M]
POSTED ON Nov 13, 2023 23:05:45 GMT
[nospaces]

[attr="class","star2tsu"]Her eyes are haggard, and she looks like a mess. The grip this has on her is impossible to put into words. In the moment, in the heat of battle, she could compartmentalize it all. But now, looking back, it's a mess any way you look at it. The more she thinks about it, the worse it seems.[break][break]

"Like I told you, no time for a hospital."[break][break]

She deflects obstinately, but one look at a gaze that can tame even a dragon and she feels she has to clarify.[break][break]

"I'm not hurt, this is someone else's blood."[break][break]

She says that as if that's meant to assure her.[break][break]

Baki shakily places a hastily thrown-together binder on Freya's desk, containing all the information she needs to know. [break][break]

"That search party I told you about? We came across something big. There are alien bases in Hoenn, they're kidnapping people. There were weird Nihilego, a ship, giant tera crystals..."[break][break]

She trails off.[break][break]

There's so much else she could add, but she hesitates to try to tell Freya everything. She'd be here all day if she tried. Instead she defers to Freya's authority, trying to keep it brief as possible. The woman will read the report if she wants a rundown. Instead, this is an opportunity to find some things out.[break][break]

"I've heard some things, but... what do you know about Megalopolans?"[break][break]

+ [break]

[newclass=.petalbasetsu]max-width: 450px; height: auto;border: 1px solid #1a1a1a; border-radius: 10px; overflow: hidden; background: #252525;
[/newclass]
[newclass=.star1tsu]border-radius: 10px 10px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 220px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/r3Sgi2E.png), rgb(160, 132, 155, 0.65); background-blend-mode: luminosity; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: contain; display: flex; justify-content: center; align-items: center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.starimgtsu]width: 100px; height: 100px; position: relative; border-radius: 100%; object-fit: cover;[/newclass]
[newclass=.starimgtsu img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.star2tsu]width: 350px; padding: 20px; font-size: 13px; text-align: justify; color: #eee; margin: 20px 0px 20px 0px; border-radius: 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.circleoutline1tsu]border-radius: 100%; width: 120px; height: 120px; background: var(--accent); opacity: 0.3; position: absolute; [/newclass]
[newclass=.star3tsu] border-radius: 0px 0px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 50px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/r3Sgi2E.png), rgb(160, 132, 155, 0.65); background-blend-mode: luminosity; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: contain; display: flex; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rouxcredittsu]align:right; color:#AB4646; font-size:10px; text-align:right; padding:10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

the ascendant
she/her
twenty-eight
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
champion
awards
3,199 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
INITIATION [M]
POSTED ON Nov 13, 2023 23:24:03 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

ah

her adrenal glands are still active, assuring her that to stop is to give in and give up. flight has its talons in her, carrying her across the threshold of freya's office, teasing hurried words from her mouth in the shape of questions. 

she reaches under her desk for a blanket and throws it to tsubaki, nodding toward the leather chair across from her. and then she takes a seat, reaches for the binder, and thumbs through the pages.

"i know they don't like us very much," she says dryly. "you understand there's only so much i can tell you, tsubaki, right?"

she chews the inside of her cheek. "we discovered cave systems made by them under hoenn in 2020. but you said there was a ship? bases where?" her thoughts go briefly, grimly, to the last aqua meeting. 
close tab

played by

Nagato

Baki
She/Her
December 21
Saffron City
Bi
Gym Leader
Officer
dead flowers
pressed against my lips
156 cm // 5'1" height
156 cm // 5'1" height
awards
1,088 posts
part of
TAG WITH @2baki
Hyakkaryōran Tsubaki
INITIATION [M]
POSTED ON Nov 14, 2023 0:28:49 GMT
[nospaces]

[attr="class","star2tsu"]Tsubaki continues standing, setting the blanket in the chair. She's not in any shape to relax. There's a group of hostile aliens out there eating people and wearing their faces, and nobody knows where they came from or where they went. How could she relax at a time like this?[break][break]

"It's classified, yeah. Navy told me that too, when I sent him a text to tell him I was alive." [break][break]

If she's ruffled by the secrets Freya's forced to keep as a member of the council, as a member of AQUA, she doesn't let on. Maybe it's the fact that was much more forthcoming with information, so there's no need to push it.[break][break]

"Under the swamp on Route 119, in one of those Tera crystal caves. They ate the missing people. They were wearing their faces, Freya. One looked just like one of the missing persons, til he got mauled by a bear."[break][break]

The paranoia runs deep. Even if she wasn't infected by the toxic chains of the Nihilego, this poison was more pervasive and deadly than the chain could ever be. Have they replaced anyone else?[break][break]

"The ship, it was... like the wreck, in the Ultra Deep Sea." [break][break]

She hesitates bringing the Sea up in front of Freya again. It makes her blush. She feels like a child. She feels insane. [break][break]

"Its sister ship, I guess. They poisoned people, wanted to take them 'home' on it. We overpowered them and took it instead, and got outta there.[break][break]

"Everything's in that report, if you read it. Got a few other people who were there to write testimonials for it and send 'em to me, too."
[break][break]

She nods to the binder again, written in a panic on the flight back to Evergrande. It's the one thing that kept her sane, not thinking about the ramifications of it all. Laying everything out neatly for the council's perusal was for her own benefit more than anything.[break][break]

+ [break]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

the ascendant
she/her
twenty-eight
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
champion
awards
3,199 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
INITIATION [M]
POSTED ON Dec 2, 2023 0:38:18 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

she realizes quickly that she won't be able to keep up with notes. so she turns to her phone and opens her recording app. it starts somewhere by the time she's hit ate the missing people so she grabs a pen and paper and scribbles route 119, tera crystal caves. 

and she just lets tsubaki talk. she does not try to demand she sit. she simply lets her be and allows the energy to run its course. when she brings up the ultra deep sea, freya's face is as impassive as ever. her pen pauses only a moment, but then she returns to her scribbling.

"i appreciate the due diligence," she says dryly and now concern creases her brows. 

"we can't do anything about this right now. and i know all you want to do right now is fix it and because you can't, you're panicking. we've known about megalopolans and their...diets for some time." but this is new, isn't it?

"the league will act." but that means nothing to this girl, whom the league has failed again and again and again, and yet she's here within these four walls, quivering away from her blanket, spinning on a wire because that's the safest place she knows. she grits her teeth. "i will act."

she runs her tongue along her teeth.

"clean yourself up and rest. we'll go to the sea when you're ready."
close tab

played by

Nagato

Baki
She/Her
December 21
Saffron City
Bi
Gym Leader
Officer
dead flowers
pressed against my lips
156 cm // 5'1" height
156 cm // 5'1" height
awards
1,088 posts
part of
TAG WITH @2baki
Hyakkaryōran Tsubaki
INITIATION [M]
POSTED ON Dec 4, 2023 4:42:55 GMT
[nospaces]

[attr="class","star2tsu"]Freya could read her like a book. She was running around like a Swift Swim Kingdra in rain, but not a lot to show for it. [break][break]

Baki been on high alert since the first Megalopolan nearly bit her face off and dragged her into the swamp, but putting on a brave face in the middle of the incident was one thing. Hours later, knowing none of it got resolved, knowing there was more they had to do, her heart was still racing like it was when she was in the middle of it all... [break][break]

Loathe as she might be to admit it, she was still a clueless kid in a lotta ways. That just made the whole thing feel even more desperate.[break][break]

"Going to the sea?"[break][break]

Going down to the Sea again was something that put her on edge, especially with the Councilwoman's insistence that she refrain from it. Focus on this world, she'd said. But now the fates of the two seemed more intertwined than ever, and she didn't even flinch at the idea of bringing Tsubaki down there herself.[break][break]

Things had changed, and not necessarily for the better. [break][break]

"There's no time to rest. I'm ready now."[break][break]

She didn't need rest, she needed answers. [break][break]

She could do what she always did to brave the harsh environment of the Sea. Numb her body with neurotoxins, inject some adrenaline, and push through the worst of it. The comedown always sucked, but she was young enough it wouldn't kill her. She knew, from experience.[break][break]

+ [break]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

the ascendant
she/her
twenty-eight
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
champion
awards
3,199 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
INITIATION [M]
POSTED ON Dec 4, 2023 17:20:23 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

the words had been out of her mouth before she could think on the ramifications. tsubaki's still a kid. she can't, in good conscious, sign off on touting her to the ultra deep sea. but she looks at her and she thinks, you have seen horrors no child should.

still, freya frowns. gathers herself. her things. and stands up from behind the desk, tucking paper into the case with her tablet. the blanket stays where it is. she has more at her hotel. 

"you're not ready now," she says. "i need you to leave time for your adrenal glands to empty. adrenaline and cortisol make you stupid and reckless, tsubaki, and i don't want you to be stupid and reckless when we're down there.

"throwing yourself, exhausted, into problems doesn't do anything for anyone."
she learned that the hard way too. "even if it's just for a few hours. i'm taking you back to my hotel. you're going to get cleaned up and you're going to rest.

"either you do that or i go without you."
close tab

played by

Nagato

Baki
She/Her
December 21
Saffron City
Bi
Gym Leader
Officer
dead flowers
pressed against my lips
156 cm // 5'1" height
156 cm // 5'1" height
awards
1,088 posts
part of
TAG WITH @2baki
Hyakkaryōran Tsubaki
INITIATION [M]
POSTED ON Dec 6, 2023 11:59:56 GMT
[nospaces]

[attr="class","star2tsu"]She clenches her fists.[break][break]

The ever-pragmatic Councilwoman had a point. She couldn't argue that in good faith. [break][break]

Was it her version of tough love? Or was she just like this with everyone? [break][break]

Either way, it pissed the girl off.[break][break]

"... Fuckin'..."[break][break]

She sighs and shuts her eyes, pressing on her temples. [break][break]

She lets herself breathe deep for the first time in several hours. Notices the tension in her neck, the way her back was still slick with sweat. The way her cheeks were still flushed, feeling hot against the cool air of the office. [break][break]

Maybe she was going a little overboard. [break][break]

But it was warranted, wasn't it? [break][break]

"Fine. You're right. Let's go."[break][break]

Not like she had any other option. [break][break]

After all that, there was no way she'd let Freya leave her behind.[break][break]

+ [break]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

the ascendant
she/her
twenty-eight
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
champion
awards
3,199 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
INITIATION [M]
POSTED ON Dec 6, 2023 17:44:38 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

on their way out, she stops by one of the league's pc repositories and withdraws her goodra. its ball gets clipped onto her belt; she'll insist on a life dew assisted bath for tsubaki when they get to the hotel, but she doesn't mention it now. she's counting her agreeance a win at the moment 

she rubs her face tiredly as they walk out and turns her attention to her phone. she orders food. she sends requests for extra towels to be sent upstairs. she crafts emails to the monitoring offices in dewford with a list of supplies for the ultra deep sea dive. 

she works in silence, fretting over this stupid girl beside her.

and by the time they've reached her hotel, she pockets her phone. pauses with her key card in hand. grimaces. "it's messy inside." it wouldn't exactly surprise tsubaki, the state of the councilwoman's 'home.' 

all of her belongings have been unceremoniously dumped in the center of the room, sprawling over the couch and onto the floor, even reaching out as far as the glass door to the tiny balcony. empty coffee cups and low ball glasses are everywhere, both with rings of brown and amber at their bottoms.

"there's a bathroom through the bedroom. front desk should have refreshed the towels."
close tab

played by

Nagato

Baki
She/Her
December 21
Saffron City
Bi
Gym Leader
Officer
dead flowers
pressed against my lips
156 cm // 5'1" height
156 cm // 5'1" height
awards
1,088 posts
part of
TAG WITH @2baki
Hyakkaryōran Tsubaki
INITIATION [M]
POSTED ON Dec 16, 2023 8:39:12 GMT
[nospaces]

[attr="class","star2tsu"]Tsubaki walks in silence. [break][break]

She doesn't regard Freya's preoccupation as anything out of the ordinary. The pressure of the job's enormous. She's obviously dealing with a huge burden as Councilwoman. Baki's seen her schedule. How she works sleep into it is still a working mystery the girl's trying to unravel. [break][break]

But Baki doesn't worry about business-as-usual so much. Instead, she wracks her mind over and over, recounting the events of the last day or so. Aliens, tera crystals, space ships, missing persons and a beast, a space-time distortion... her head's still reeling trying to take it all in.[break][break]

"Oh," Baki remarks, realizing they'd already arrived at the hotel by the time Freya says something again. [break][break]

She's just followed without a word, lost in her thoughts. She trails after the woman into the hotel proper, eyes staring at every person she sees in the lobby suspiciously.[break][break]

"Clean room won't save Hoenn. I get it."[break][break]

Baki tries to excuse her boss the embarrassment, but as the councilwoman opens the door to her dwellings, she can't help but wanna take it back. [break][break]

"... Wouldn't hurt, though."[break][break]

She's stayed in seedy Kantonian motels and Rocket encampments better off than this! Maybe she should be scolded! [break][break]

The girl carefully steps over the mess, trying to avoid spilling any of the coffee mugs with days old coffee still in them. There's no doubt, seeing this, the woman needed a secretary to organize her affairs. She was hopeless without her. If there weren't more important matters to attend to, this would shock her.[break][break]

"You... sure you get housekeeping here?"[break][break]

+ [break]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

the ascendant
she/her
twenty-eight
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
champion
awards
3,199 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
INITIATION [M]
POSTED ON Dec 21, 2023 0:56:47 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

freya holds her tongue and tries not to see the room through tsubaki's eyes. ignorance is bliss. how she spends her days in here - a lonely fervor, at the bottom of a bottle and poured over her work, endlessly, relentlessly - is between herself and the stains on the floor. 

her eyes narrow. "i don't like people near my things," she says and picks her way over to the kitchen so she can get some coffee brewing. it's not the whole truth, but that's because she doesn't remember the whole truth. either she asked housekeeping to leave her alone or they refused to enter again - she doesn't remember. 

probably the former, considering she's still able to keep the room.

"balcony's nice though. i only have coffee. maybe..." she trails off, muttering to herself while she rummages through a cabinet that once contained a package that said we hope you enjoy your stay at hotel ever grande! alongside some paper cups and plates. 

all the way at the back is a box of lipton tea bags, discarded and forgotten about. some tea to calm tsubaki's nerves then. she pulls out her camping burner and puts a kettle on, rubbing at her eyes. and when she's convinced she's alone, she checks her phone, frowning as she flicks her thumb over the screen.
close tab

played by

Nagato

Baki
She/Her
December 21
Saffron City
Bi
Gym Leader
Officer
dead flowers
pressed against my lips
156 cm // 5'1" height
156 cm // 5'1" height
awards
1,088 posts
part of
TAG WITH @2baki
Hyakkaryōran Tsubaki
INITIATION [M]
POSTED ON Jan 2, 2024 3:06:47 GMT
[nospaces]

[attr="class","star2tsu"]Baki sighs. [break][break]

The put-together, imposing persona the councilwoman projects is just that: an image, a front. [break][break]

The sad sight is enough to turn her thoughts away from other worlds and aliens. [break][break]

Freya was right. There is a world that needs her help more. [break][break]

It starts with her, with this woman right here. [break][break]

"... You can't survive on just coffee!" [break][break]

She blurts it out, surprising herself at how forceful she says it. Then, it's like a dam has burst. She opens the cabinet next to Freya, then the fridge, finding them nearly empty. [break][break]

"You can't survive on nothing, either! Get Togedemaruchan ramen at least! It's cheap! Put an egg in it for some protein, it takes five minutes! You need vitamin C, too! You're pale as a ghost! Buy some fruit you can eat easily, like some Pecha berries! You don't need to prepare them at all, just rinse them!" [break][break]

Baki checks the cabinets in the kitchenette one by one, making a mental list as she storms through everything. The way her boss lives, it's a wonder she's still alive. Maybe it's all the caffeine keeping her standing. [break][break]

She takes to the rest of the room, then, ignoring it no longer. [break][break]

"This is filthy, too! It's gross! It's beneath you! Garbage ain't gonna keep you company, you're not doing anyone any favors living like this! You won't help anyone neglecting yourself like this!" [break][break]

She's gonna clean it. It doesn't matter if there's better things she could be doing. If the Councilwoman's gonna live like this, they'll focus on this first. The aliens will come after. [break][break]

Soon as she takes a shower, she'll take a garbage bag and go through it with Freya. [break][break]

But first... [break][break]

She walks right up to the woman and stares at her, a fearsome look in her eyes. [break][break]

"What are you doing, Freya!? You need to take care of yourself! People are depending on you! Are you alright? Is everything okay? Answer me! Be honest!" [break][break]

She's practically nose-to-nose with Freya by the time she gives her a chance to respond, a whirlwind of emotions overcome her. If she'd known what she was enabling by scheduling Freya's appointments at all hours of the day, she'd never have gone along with this. [break][break]

+ [break]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

the ascendant
she/her
twenty-eight
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
champion
awards
3,199 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
INITIATION [M]
POSTED ON Jan 2, 2024 3:51:51 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

two taps on her phone brings on the scowl because again, for the hundredth time, she still has no new messages, but she doesn't have the opportunity to extrapolate the confusing bundle of emotions that come along with the radio silence following her encounter with

she startles. 

"i don't just - " she starts, but tsubaki whips around like a whirlwind, stealing the rest of her excuses right out of her mouth. the cabinet to her left is wrenched open. a half-box of loosely wrapped crackers sits surrounded by different types of instant coffee. 

the fridge has spoiled takeout and a handful of apples. everywhere else has takeout coffee cups, interspersed with the occasional lowball tumbler for whiskey.

she takes in the rest of the room and freya follows her gaze. there aren't food scraps, at the very least - only piles of paper and various weapons. old prototypes of her arrows she'd drummed up after refused to manufacture them any longer. 

her mouth is dry by the time tsubaki gets nose to nose with her. and behind the flash of anger in her golden eyes, behind her wounded pride, is a scared, exhausted woman. 

the man she loves is unreachable. the woman she loves must be kept at arm's length, lest she hurt her too. her best friend has abandoned her. and all of it, all of it, is because she fell on her sword for the man who abused her. 

how could she not punish herself? how could she stomach allowing herself a sanctuary, when for so long she's hated living in her skin? 

tsubaki demands the truth and she maintains a measured stare, exhaling through her nose. 

"i'm working through some things."

the coffee maker beeps, finished with its brew. 
close tab

played by

Nagato

Baki
She/Her
December 21
Saffron City
Bi
Gym Leader
Officer
dead flowers
pressed against my lips
156 cm // 5'1" height
156 cm // 5'1" height
awards
1,088 posts
part of
TAG WITH @2baki
Hyakkaryōran Tsubaki
INITIATION [M]
POSTED ON Jan 5, 2024 4:39:24 GMT
[nospaces]

[attr="class","star2tsu"]That non-answer is what really sets her off. [break][break]

"How d'you expect to work through anything if you're not taking care of yourself, you... idiot!?"[break][break]

In most cases, calling your boss names is a bad look.[break][break]

Maybe it is here, too, but she's too pissed to care. Suddenly, she sees the human angle behind this woman who seems so larger than life, and it's so disappointing -- she reminds her of herself. [break][break]

... rather, a version of herself who doesn't deserve to live like this. [break][break]

The coffee machine beeps. [break][break]

It's the only thing that snaps Baki out of it. [break][break]

She turns her intense stare back onto the room and runs her fingers through her hair, pacing around and looking it over again in disbelief.[break][break]

"... So that's a 'no', then. Fuck, Freya."[break][break]

She's lost for words. [break][break]

She never envied the job, but if this is what being on the Council does to a woman... [break][break]

"We're at war, aliens are invading, and I'm worried about what's in your damned fridge... fuck... so good at looking put together, I never thought to... you're worse than fucking Navy, swear to Arceus."[break][break]

was the victim of being a bachelor more than anything. All that past trauma didn't help, but will set him right. [break][break]

This woman standing in front of her, though... she's gonna have to start making her meals too, isn't she?[break][break]

What's with people twice her age being as helpless as a child when it comes to taking care of themselves?[break][break]

+ [break]

[/newclass]
img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven
Celestial Guardians, AU Sailor Moon RP
EO GENESIS
Code and Crown: An advanced literate warriors cats RP, set in medieval times
Swords Clashing